S&S leg wedge

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:23:12 -0500 (CDT)

At 10:27 PM 8/26/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Ah yes, the Steinway leg mounts with the silly wedges. I once helped
deliver a $25,000 Steinway. It seemed almost embarrassing having to beat on
this expensive piano to set the wedges (and them wonder if they'll stay
tight). Consider how the Asians mount piano legs--steel bolts into steel
plates. The Steinway method is archaic.

>Ron: Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. It just seemed like an appropriate
time to insert this complaint.

Oh, I don't know. I think it's a pretty good system. The wedges are simple
and positive, and pretty dependable as long as you can keep school
maintenance people away from them.

 Ron