I Quit!

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 09:11:17 -0400

Dear Mr. Taylor:

This morning I down loaded 72 messages from the list.  This is more than
I can read and respond to or even assimilate.

I tend to respond to those that I can contribute to, not each one.  The
list tends to separate into threads of interest to a bunch of folks with
similar interests.  They tend to concentrate on that one thread for a
while.  Sometimes to inanity.

I have posted several points of interest to me with nary a response from
anyone, so in that respect you need not  feel alone.

The list has much to offer us, no matter how experienced or competent.
I have learned much from it and I continue to subscribe even though I am
retired (forcefully) and not working.

I often don't contribute because I feel I have nothing of real value to
contribute or because I think several others will respond.

The summer months are times for people to take vacations and those in
university or school situations are very busy preparing for class
startings.

Don't leave, don't get mad, just post your questions as many times as it
takes to get a response.

Hoping you will stay, I am most sincerely yours,

        Newton J. Hunt
        nhunt@jagat.com