I Quit!

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:36:51 -0600

At 05:46 PM 8/27/98 -0700, Paul wrote:

>	I am sorry that you feel "neglected" by this list.  I disagree with

I'm sorry too... I've enjoyed Andy's posts even if I don't have much to say
about them.

>	Having said this, I can also relate to your feelings.  Once I got on
>the Tuesday nite chat group.  The  banter wasn't in the direction I
>wanted, so I asked a question which I was curious about.  The first
>response was, "well DUH!" ...  I was already nervous about using the

I've searched the chat archives and found no such response, Paul.
Admittedly the messages go by pretty fast on the chat line when it's busy,
but I don't recall anyone being rude on it.

>forum, and it left a bad taste.  I don't go there anymore.  No so on
>this list.

That's unfortunate... while there is a lot of just plain chatting going on
as well as some shop talk, the live chat is there to share information as
well as for the fellowship. There is nothing stopping people from opening
up another channel to talk about specific topics when people are merely
chatting on the main channel.

>your inquiries.  I have never felt intimidation from this list, but I
>guess you do.  For that I am personally sorry.  How about another
>chance, Andy!

I could ask the same question about the chat line too. I understand it can
be intimidating because it's live and when it's busy the screen fills fast,
but we're the same people you see on this list except for the international
people who show up. If the "banter" isn't going in the direction you want
you can talk to a specific person just by double-clicking on their name and
a private window opens.

I'm sorry you felt intimidated by the live chat. I know others have as well
simply because it can be overwhelming until you get used to it. Once you do
get used to it, it can be a lot of fun, though. Hopefully, we'll see you
(and others) back in there at some time.

			John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com