jack be nimble?!

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:38:18 -0500 (CDT)

Steve,

   I'm not familiar with that particular brand but it sounds to me like a
lost motion type of adjustment. Ever how that particular one adjusts, check
to see that there is a *very* slight movement of the backcheck, without the
hammer moving, when you tap the key lightly. If it's adjusted to high, it
will hold the hammer off the rest rail.
   If you have a type of system where something is hooked onto the ends of
the keys, also make sure everything is fully hooked in.
   Maybe another possibility. Has the flange that the jack is pinned to
come unglued and changed position some?
   I hope this is clear to you. Let us know.

Avery