jack be nimble?!

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 15:36:33 -0700 (MST)

Hi Steve:

Sometimes you will find this situation if a previous technician has reglued
a jack flange into the wippen mortice without seating it properly.
Otherwise, I would just run the capstan down until you have some lost
motion, and then run it up until the jack will gently slip under the butt
when the jack is tripped at rest position.

Jim coleman, Sr.