I Quit!: Please read Andy...

R. Goodale robert.goodale@nau.edu
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:25:15 -0600

Andy&Chris Taylor wrote:

> I am going to unsubscribe from this group!
>
> You know, the pianotech list, hasn't made me feel very welcome. I have tried
> to bring several topics up for discussion, just to be totally ignored. if
> that is the way the group feels, I won't bother you again.

Andy,

I would strongly discourage you leaving this list. I assure you, you
have NOT been ignored. In addition I have also been reading your posts
regularly on the MMD list and you have regularly brought up some very
interesting topics. (That's the Mechanical Music Digest for you "RPTs"
out there, Home page at: http://mmd.foxtail.com/index.html). Perhaps I
should also mention that I often neglect reading that list as well.

In regard to your last post to this list, I immediately looked at your
WEB page on your recent Foster restoration project and found it very
interesting. Truthfully I think we ALL read your posts as well those by
everyone else. They are just not always responded to. I've posted quite
a few topics here and have received little or no response. But that's
cool.

Having said that, I really do have a serious question for you. I would
be very interested, (and I'm sure others as well), if you could give a
few more details on how you replaced the pin block on the Foster. I have
never tackled a vertical block replacement before and would like to know
about how you fitted the block to the plate, set the down bearing, etc.

Thanks, and PLEASE DONT LEAVE. We need your voice!

Rob Goodale, RPT