On Topic: Bridge notching problem.

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:54:12 -0500

>Roger has the idea, but didn't go far enough. Hie thee to the nearest
>automotive supply store and purchase the cheapest impact dent puller you can
>find. Get rid of the screw end, and possibly the shaft, and save the weight.
>Cannibalize a small vise grip by removing the adjustable screw from the
>back. Thread the dent puller shaft, if it's the right size - a suitably
>sized replacement if it isn't, and reassemble the dent puller with the vise
>grip in place of the screw (with a wing nut as a locking nut at the back end
>of the vise grip). Grip the pin with the vise grip and whack it out with the
>sliding weight in one stroke. Repeat as necessary. Life is sweet.
>
>FYI, and BTW (FUBAR need not apply): This grippy little impact puller also
>works WONDERFULLY for key pins.
>
>You're welcome,
> Ron

Ron,

What a great idea!  Thank you.  This is exactly the reason I enjoy this list.

chris

ps. Hie thee?  Forsooth, me thinks thou readest too much Middle English, fie!

-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.   School of Music  Ohio University  Athens OH

-purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu   (614) 593-1656    fax# (740) 593-1429