Broken Bass string

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 13:49:35 -0600

Hi David,
            A couple of suggestions, had an Everet with a similar problem
that was traced to the plate pins, when they were hammered in, a small curl
of swarf was found in the notch of the V bar and pin. If the V bar or pin
has a sharp edge, it can cause this kind of problem.   Setting the let off
to 3/16" can stop the breakage if the pianist is a pounder, the lost of ppp
control is not usually noticed by this type of player.
Regards Roger.

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre
Saskatoon and Regina