jack be nimble?!

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 18:12:16 EDT

<< Next problem:  Everything lines up and works great except for one jack
 in the high treble that holds the hammer approx. 1/2" off of the hammer
 rail.  The wippen is level with its neighbors and I don't see any sign of
 other misalignment problems.  Without removing the action (I'm really
 hoping to avoid that chore again) it almost looks as though that jack is
 a bit taller than the others, but I figure I must be missing something
 else (probably obvious, hopefully simple).  Any suggestions?

 Steve T. H. Slater
 Slater Piano Care
 Glendora, CA >>

Unless I am missing something, it seems like a simple solution of adjusting
the capstan screw to lower the jack under the hammer butt should solve this
problem.

Willem Blees