painted artwork on piano plates.

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 18:07:39 EDT

Regarding Paint or "doodles" on plates:

I have on several occasions run accross plates with "doodles" on them. I ask
the customer if they want to keep them, or if I can just paint over them.  In
most cases they do, so I try carefully tape over the lines and designs, and
then bronze the rest of the plate.

As to why they did it, and if they hired an artists to do this? I guess they
did it because it looks nice, and give them an edge over the competition. It
must have worked, because now customers want to keep it that way. And I guess
it was worth it to American to hire someone to "doodle". It must have been a
tough job, but some body had to do it. :)

Willem Blees