Yamaha out of tune

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Sun, 30 Aug 1998 20:37:38 -0400

Elian,
1/2 beat ?  So what. In how long ?

Maybe this piano needs a longer time period to settle since it
was neglected for so long a time.

How many tunings have you given it since it was pulled up?

I had a similar problem keeping  one in tune,  The piano was brought
here from a few hundred miles inland. So, not only was the overall
tension affecting the tuning; but the climate as well. (Inland to coastal ).

Maybe this piano does not hold a tune well, maybe he's a banger . .  .
that's the other thread.  You are just becoming famliar with it.

If you've tapped the string to the bridge, and made sure the loops are
down at the hitch pins; try seating the strings at the v-bar.  I have not seen
a Yamaha with poorly aligned coils, so that may not be an issue.

Some things _just take_longer,

Jon Page