Striking Point

harvey harvey@greenwood.net
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 12:43:10 -0400

Jerry, I saw your post on the fly-by, and some of the responses. It seems
J. Coleman and Newt have provided good responses (so far).

Just a few things:
> I am ready to install new hammers (Encores from Brooks).

* Believe Encores to be a good choice for the job;

> Unfortunately, I didn't save any of the old flanges.

* It's prudent to save samples of old or original parts, sometimes for a
while after the job has been completed/delivered and paid for, but *always*
for the duration of the project;

> Have removed the old hammers (except for end hammers of each section)

* If you still have end hammers from each section, doesn't this contradict
not having representative sample flanges as well. Or did you save only the
hammer heads?

> Reblitz (which I refer to religiously)

* Not sure this is a religion or a cult, but will address it as soon as I
can find the book for a reference purposes.

Jim Harvey, RPT
harvey@greenwood.net
Greenwood (n): the largest city in South Carolina WITHOUT an Interstate