Striking Point

Jerry Hunt jhunt@geocities.com
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 14:18:04 +0100

harvey wrote:

> * It's prudent to save samples of old or original parts, sometimes for a
> while after the job has been completed/delivered and paid for, but *always*
> for the duration of the project;

 Now you tell me! :o) I've discovered a few things NOT to do in the future.

> * If you still have end hammers from each section, doesn't this contradict
> not having representative sample flanges as well. Or did you save only the
> hammer heads?

No, I put new flanges on all of the hammer butts, then removed hammer heads,
except for the end hammers of each section.

> > Reblitz (which I refer to religiously)
>
> * Not sure this is a religion or a cult, but will address it as soon as I
> can find the book for a reference purposes.

Lacking non-verbal cues, I'm not sure to what extent this is facetious.
Reblitz' book "Piano Servicing, Tuning & Rebuilding" came with my Randy Potter
course. Don't let my shaved head and orange robe fool you.

--
Jerry Hunt
Dallas, TX USA