painted artwork on piano plates.

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 16:37:04 -0400

Good drafting supply stores often carry transfer lettering and
*prefabricated doodles* or whatever you would like to call them.  Around
the Boston area  (and spreading farther afield) is Charrette.  Sorry, I
don't have the phone number available right now, but they will do
mail-order.  Last I knew their head office was in Woburn Massachusetts.

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net

----------
> From: Barrie Heaton <Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: painted artwork on piano plates.
> Date: Monday, August 31, 1998 6:24 AM
>
> In article <001901bdd43d$7b0a2d40$4416c1cf@andy>, Andy&Chris Taylor
> <tempola@swbell.net> writes
> >I am sure that there is a interesting story about the artist that
painted
> >these, but the answer may be lost in time. It is a little hard to
believe
> >that American Piano Company employed a person whose job was to come by
and
> >'doodle" on piano plates!
> >
> >but it happened!
> Letterset is a Company who makes stencil on numbers in black and gold.
>  I tend to use these when replacing all the lettering on a Steinway,
> they also make fancy doodle bits but it was an old one I was given by a
> custmer.
> They come in two foot lengths on clear plastic.  You just use a pencil
> write on the back where you want the transfer to be and then pull away
> the plastic, coat with clear cellulose.
>
> I would imagine that you would find something similar in the U.S.  try
> an art shop.
>

> Barrie.
>

> --
>
> Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally
Friendly