painted artwork on piano plates.

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 18:36:21

At 04:37 PM 8/31/98 -0400, Zen wrote:
>Good drafting supply stores often carry transfer lettering and
>*prefabricated doodles* or whatever you would like to call them.  Around
>the Boston area  (and spreading farther afield) is Charrette.  Sorry, I
>don't have the phone number available right now, but they will do
>mail-order.  Last I knew their head office was in Woburn Massachusetts.
>
>Z! Reinhardt RPT
>Ann Arbor  MI
>diskladame@provide.net

--------

If you decide to use transfer letters or curlicues on a plate, remember
that you'll need some sort of clear topcoat to protect them. They rub off
as well as on.

I used transfer letters to lay out my business card, with a pen-and-ink
drawing of the front end of a grand (using tracing paper and a piano ad.) I
was still pre-computer. Also, my reasoning was that if I did my card by
hand it wouldn't look like anyone else's. I also enjoyed being able to
space the letters exactly as I wished. I made it twice life-sized, and had
the printer shoot it at 50%.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651