Band Saws

John Dewey jdent@soltec.net
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:21:25 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: PDtek@AOL.COM <PDtek@AOL.COM>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Thursday, December 17, 1998 1:41 AM
Subject: Band Saws

>I am thinking of adding a band saw to my shop. Although I do some
rebuilding,
>it would mostly be used for PianoDisc installs, cutting aluminum trapwork
and
>solenoid rails, and wood stock up to 4".

I have a band saw in my shop but find for piano disc installs I much prefer
a good variable speed saber saw. If you spray the blade with WD-40 before
each cut and run at a moderate speed you do not get any loading of the blade
with aluminum chips. This WD-40 trick also works for drill bits used in
aluminum

John Dewey