Band Saws

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 09:49:45 -0600

Dave,
         I'll second the Shopsmith idea, it's a great tool for cutting.
horizontal boreing, and drilling, compound angles. I know a few tech's on
the list are very proud owners, maybe we should start a jig and use thread.
  For example, split trap work boards. mark the board in three places,
horizontally bore dowel holes. glue and clamp, and the board is like new.
 Regards Roger

At 08:01 AM 17/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Dave,
>Look at the Shopsmith line of equipment. If you have limited space,
>the multi-function aspect is perfect.
>
>I've had mine for 15 years and have replaced a multitude od pin blocks
>useing the bandsaw attachment and the drill press.
>
>It comes as a table saw, drill press, disc sander, lathe. To that you can
>get accessories: band saw, planer, jointer, belt sander, jig saw, and a few
>others.
>
>I have the bandsaw, the planer and the jointer. My 6" belt sander is another
>brand becuause I got it cheap :-)
>
>It comes in handy to have these tools available_and_ not take up half the
>shop.
>
>Check it out.
>
>Jon Page
>Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>At 01:44 AM 12/17/98 EST, you wrote:
>>
>>Hello all;
>>
>>I am thinking of adding a band saw to my shop. Although I do some
rebuilding,
>>it would mostly be used for PianoDisc installs, cutting aluminum trapwork
and
>>solenoid rails, and wood stock up to 4".
>>
>>Most cuts would be straight forward, nothing fancy, but would be willing to
>>pay for something of decent quality and power.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>Dave Bunch

Roger Jolly
Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre