Harmony of the universe

Kirsi Lassi kirsi.lassi@pp.inet.fi
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 13:36:07 +0200

List,
=20
as a new subscriber I have noticed that you seem to have knowledge
almost about anything. I'd like to ask you a somewhat weird question.
=20
The other week a customer of mine wanted me to tune her piano
to the pitch a1=3D 432 Hz. Curious, I asked her why. She told me that=20
a friend of hers had told her that if you always sing in that pitch and=20
keep your piano there, too, you'd never be ill or depressed or anything. =

(Yeah, right!)=20
=20
No problem, she wants it, I do it, but then I started thinking. I seem =
to=20
remember vaguely having read in a newspaper about 12 years ago,=20
that someone had found out that the whole universe sort of vibrates=20
in a way, that everything is evenly divisible by eight. It wasn't =
related=20
to music in any way, but perhaps some of you know this theory?=20
=20
I'm not into horoscopes or anything, but also my customer was interested =
in
knowing, if there was ANY sense in it. With normal pianos 440 is already =

"in harmony" but when we come across some piano that can't be taken up
to normal, why not try the 432, if it makes your customer's health =
better?=20
=20
And making the customer happy is a great thing! :-)
=20

Kirsi Lassi
Finland
E-mail: kirsi.lassi@pp.inet.fi