Verdigris

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:16:40 -0800 (PST)

Aha! Information is flowing! What a great thing the list is. So, in large
quantity, baking soda is hygroscopic? (attracts moisture) Would this also be
true of the small amount remaining in cloth after a dilute rinse? Any better
ways to make things a little less acid? Maybe bleach, as Don Rose mentioned?
A shame that I hate chlorine.

Thanks, Mike, Robert --

Susan

>Hello List,
>     Baking soda in a piano?  When I was a kid I was into model trains.
>I got this "brilliant" idea that Baking Soda put all over the layout and
>tracks would make perfect fake snow.  Within about two weeks the tracks
>and wheels were so rusted the trains never ran again. It looked pretty
>realistic though.
>
>-Mike Jorgensen RPT
>
>Robert Goodale wrote
>>
>> It occurs to me that baking soda may eventually add to future friction

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Enormous amounts of information are availble, including, however, very
little reliable data on what it all means."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant