S&S underlevers

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:48:40 -0600 (CST)

>Keith A. McGavern wrote:
>> When considering replacement parts for Steinway pianos, here is something
>> to take into consideration: "If it doesn't have 12,116 genuine Steinway
>> parts, it isn't a Steinway."
>
>There is a word for this... it's called "marketing" :-)
>Also- Steinway has been using Renner parts for years. The German
>Steinways use Renner actions exclusively.
>
>...Just a thought
>
>Rob Goodale, RPT

Let me more accurately rephrase the above, Rob.

When considering replacement parts for American made Steinway pianos, here
is something
to take into consideration:
"If it doesn't have 12,116 genuine Steinway parts, it isn't a Steinway."
(ad in the February 1998 Piano Technicians Journal, page 16)

Even under the concept of "marketing", I consider this the truth, as it is
presented by Steinway & Sons.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician