Verdigris

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 21:22:13 -0600 (CST)

<snip>
>I wondered when someone
>would mention the heating approach. I tried that on the advice of Ed
>McMorrow. He suggested that this yielded reliable results. My results
>have been mixed. You don't need to apply anything to the flanges to
>evoke bubbling and smoke(as Del Fandrich suggested). The paraffin oil
>(if that is the right term) will bubble and smoke out of the flanges
>like gangbusters. We're talking about drastic measures, charred wood,
>etc. If it helps, do it. Just don't count on it lasting for any
>particular time, exceptions notwithstanding.
<snip>

>Bob Anderson
>
>Tucson, AZ

Come on Bob, put the blame where it's due. That was my post. Del hasn't
confessed to smoking anything, and probably wouldn't admit to inhaling if he
had. %-) This sort of "fix" is just one of the many MANY possible "less than
optimal" compromises and concessions to reality necessary to keep from
"starving proud" in whatever flavor of "real world" we find ourselves in on
any given day in this business. Case in point; if you can organize a
committee to comb through that last sentence and explain to me just what the
heck I wrote... I'd be surprised.

 Ron Nossaman