acoustic? ACOUSTIC???

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 11:09:21 -0700 (MST)

Hi Tom:

In regard to the "acoustic" piano debate, I must add that the word piano
has an entirely different meaning to people in Germany and other European
countries. They use the word piano to designate "vertical piano" whereas
when they are talking about Grand pianos they call it a wing (flugel) which
comes from the fact that the lid raises like a bird wing. So, in a sense we
also use modidiers like Vertical or Grand, but they have a completely
different word for each. I don't know how they designate electronic
versions. Perhaps Barrie of UK or Antares of Amsterdam could enlighten us.

Jim Coleman, Sr.