MAKE $$$ and FAME do NOT delete this is REAL

Dan M. Hallett, Jr. dhalle@toolcity.net
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 13:26:09 -0500

Richard Moody wrote:

> So the "digital" vs "acoustic" has found its way from RMMP to
> Pianotech.
> ___ ___ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> _ _
> Read this 20 years from now.
>
>         The acoustic piano is as good as it ever was, indeed many
> authorities say better,  and enjoys the popularity it always had.
> The digital keyboard is doing things now no one dreamed of 20 years
> ago.  The virtuosos of each are enjoying unprecedented demand and
> acclaim.
>  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ -
>
> So much for the fame, what about the fortune?
>
> The next revolution in digitals will be the keyboard.  Take a Renner
> action, a Yahama grand action, or better perhaps the Yamaha CP 80
> action, and have the hammers trigger the sounds.  Who ever does this
> will make a FORTUNE.
>         The action of digitals is LACKING. This adaptation will leap frog it
> ahead of  its almost impressive sounds.
>
> Now for the sounds.  Consider recorded piano music you listen to
> today.  Its ALL on CD's.  That sound is ALL DIGITAL.
> Who ever can make the digital keyboard playback piano sounds like you
> hear on CDs will reap a MEGA FORTUNE.
>
> And speaking of sounds, no one today really plays a digital keyboard
> for the piano sound for long.  The electric piano sound yes.  The
> flavors of clavi/harpsichord sounds yes. Electric/ Hammond organ YES.
>  Bass sounds YES.  Orchestra sounds... the lush strings are
> incredible.  From one violin to 10,,  from one cello to 5.  Brass,
> well....  Flute, haven't heard one yet. But better in the reeds like
> Saxaphone oboe and basoon.  Ever heard a Wersi?   Their Sax is
> remarkable. Also their piano sound is one I can't wait to compare
> with Kurtzweil.

 Richard Moody

Dear Richard:

I have a  Kurzweil Mark 10 which is for sale. Why? The two factors you
mention  - Action and Sound. I'll invite you (in your spare? time) to
listen and play the Roland A-90 EX controller, knowing in advance the
sound is determined by the speakers you use. The action and sound of
this controller amazed me. I'm not getting rid of my acoustic pianos due
to the fact they play when the power is off. But for digital, the Roland
is the best I've heard.

Dan Hallett, Jr.
Hallett's Piano Service
dhalle@toolcity.net