Bechstein plate cracks

antares antares@EURONET.NL
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:17:50 +0000

I have a lot of experience with this issue.
I can not do the welding myself but instead had it done in the past. There is
also a technique of putting a cram in the crack. for more info about this last
method asl colleague A. Duin (aduin@euronet.nl)
When welding the plate, have them add a piece of iron under the crack. To make
room for this, you have to make place for it in the pinblock.
I have had numerous cracked Bechstein plates over the past  decades, none of
them ever re-opened.

Friendly greetings
from
André Oorebeek