Baldwin L rusty strings

Paul Dempsey dempsey@ramlink.net
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 21:48:13 -0400

>>   I discovered that the entire long bridge has this VERY rusty wire ONLY
>>on top of the bridge between the bridge pins. The pins are the copper type.
>>The other tenor bass strings down at the end of the long bridge where this
>>one broke are even more rusty than the others.
>Avery Todd, RPT

Avery, I've seen exactly this same symptom in a "rebuilt" Steinway M....... not much rust or corrosion otherwise but the strings on top of the bridge between the pins almost "fluffy" with rust.

Let me know what Kent says, or any other clues you run into.  I have *none*.

Paul E. Dempsey
Piano Tuner/Technician
Marshall University
Huntington, WV