pitch lowering and strip muting

DGPEAKE@aol.com DGPEAKE@aol.com
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 23:33:59 EDT

<<
 Yes strip muting is faster once it is in...but if you add the time to put
 it in then mute over mute or a single split mute is about 10 minutes faster
 for me. Assuming that you use a vtd to tune. Obviously if a straight aural
 tuner you would prefer a strip (at least a partial one)

I recently timed myself and it took me one minute to strip mute an entire
upright, even when I shoved the strip below the dampers with two pieces of
sheet metal.  I use a SAT, and still, my entire time is around 15 minutes per
pitch adjustment.

Dave Peake, RPT
Portland, OR