Mutes (was Re: pitch lowering/strip mutes)

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed, 03 Jun 1998 08:35:18 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Dale,

   What you mention below is a good use for those worn out, not too good
for what they're sold for, red temperament strips. I don't do very many
verticals anymore, but back in the *old days* when I did, they worked great
to stop you from losing your religion. Even with just plain bottom boards,
it's a pain.

Avery

>Have a couple of regular wedges with
>the wire handles tied with about 10 inches of nylon cord so when I get clumsy
>I won't loose my religion trying to get the bottom board off of one of those
>verticals with the faux grand pedal lyre. They seem to have some sort of
>tractor beam in the bottom that sucks down mutes and other tools into the
>black hole at the bottom.
>
>Dale Probst

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
713-743-3226
atodd@uh.edu
http://www.music.uh.edu/

MUSIC DEFINITIONS:
   Accelerando : what happens when drummers have to keep a steady beat.