What temperament is a guitar tuned? (encore/Igor)

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:37:03 -0500

I usually just hit scan and let it tune itself-hopefully not to a rap or
heavy metal station.  I was giggling because apparently we ran out of stuff
to "discuss" on one instrument, so switched to the next one mentioned.  See
ya.

P.S.  -Most- guitar players I've played with don't tune their guitars.  I
think that's why reverb, distortion, and other effects were invented.  I've
found no guitar that satisfies my ear totally since I began tuning pianos.
Even the "good" ones. It's a physics thing (without getting into another
technical spam).  Have a good summer.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.