VTD's as Teaching Aids

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 23:02:13 -0400

If anything can *teach* stability, it is the VTD.  It will notice the
slightest drift in pitch and will alert you in its own special way.

I got my SAT II the day after I passed my CTE tuning exam.  The first thing
it did was to sit me down and teach me a thing or 2 about stability.  It
was enough to make me wonder how I passed that exam doing as well as I did
..

Now it's my best friend.  I've taken on and survived some of the worst
tuning challenges available in metro Detroit with its help (the annual
Ford-Montreux-Detroit Jazz Festival, warehouse sales at a local dealer for
starters).  It also enables me to continue tuning when I'm at the mercy of
an oncoming migraine .....

It and I have a partnership where I can come awfully close to a good
tuning, but my ear (and what brainpower I might have that day) is still the
final judge.  I always find notes to tweak and improve upon.

Z! Reinhardt RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net