Fw: HELP

Gregory Torres Tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Fri, 05 Jun 1998 16:12:23 -0500

Les,

Glad to see you posting on the list.

FWIW, I have serviced 2 Beckwith uprights in the last 5 years, one was in really
sad shape, but the other was just suffering from neglect and had moth damage to
the key felts and needed keytops. I pitch raised from -200 cents, installed a
set of Vagias simulated ivory tops, replaced all keyframe and filed and voiced
the hammers and it became a very nice instrument. I guess there can always be an
exception to the rule when it comes to certain pianos.

IMHO I think that pianos should always be examined and appraised on an
individual basis.

Sincerely,
Greg Torres