Fw: HELP

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:10:04 -0500 (CDT)

>...This information has been repeated so many times in the past that one
>would think that EVERYOONE knew it by now, but such is obviously not
>the case. Except for a few higher-quality player pianos built during the
>twenties which occasionally are marginally worth rebuilding/restoring to-
>day, the Beckwith piano, marketed by Sears through their stores and by
>catalog, was an extemely low-quality instrument...
>
>Les Smith
>lessmith@buffnet.net

Normally Les, I would not dispute what you say.  However, last month, our
Oklahoma Chapter of the Piano Technicians Guild met for a technical on the
subject of in home player piano service.  It was by Norman Cantrell, RPT,
and in his shop was a Beckwith Player piano.  This piano, mostly in
original condition other than the player unit, was *spectacular* in tone
and touch.  Just blew me away!  Thought you'd like to know there is at
least one is Beckwith that is out-of-this-world.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731