data on guitar temperament.

Keith McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 17:53:34 -0500 (CDT)

>...I think it a great pity that you and Keith and I cannot just sit down
>in a room...
>Tim Keenan

Dear Tim, List,

I had the most interesting thing come to me today while moving a small
grand piano.  I remembered how I got my first credit card *long, long ago*.
Wha..what you say??  Please bear with me.

I went to apply for something I wanted (a credit card), because it was
advertised by this store to come on in and get a credit card.  When
applying for this card, I was told by the person, since I didn't have
established credit, I couldn't have one.  I said, "How am I going to
establish credit if you won't give me a credit card?"  To which there was
not really a satisfactory answer given.

I decided to go up the food chain until my wants were satisfied.  So I went
into acting mode and started protested visibly by stomping my feet, and
audibly speaking louder and louder until I reached a shouting level, "I
want to see the manager.  I want to see the manager."  While some were
trying to subdue me with all types of reasoning, the hollering and stomping
eventually brought a manager over.  After explaining the situation to him,
I received a credit card.

Not necessarily proud of telling on myself or the experience in my early
years, but I had always heard that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, and
sure enough, it did.  I also understand this is a type of tactic used in
some forms of negotiating to get what you want.

I hope this story proves interesting to some.

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731