selling customers

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 05 Jun 1998 22:58:05

Hi, Les

I don't think I'd want to accept this offer, but I think the acid test for
the ethics of the situation would be, "If the head of the institution were
to hear the whole phone conversation, would I still feel comfortable
working there?" If not, pass.

Regards,

Susan

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>I was called today with the following conversation.
>	"Hi Les. I am wanting to back off on my institutional work, and I
>have a potential customer for you.  I've already estimated the job at
>about $X.  I would expect to have you make your own, of course. Then I'd
>like you to give me 15% of the final figure, after which the institution,
>or the two pianos in question, would become your responsibility within
>that institution."
>	I have, heretofore, had three or four local techs refer to me,
>and never was a "reward" expected. I, to, have referred, or deferred to
>more experience, and never considered a fee of any kind.  That's just the
>way I was raised.
>	I'd appreciate knowing how others have explored this issue, or
>dealt with it.
>
>Thanks
>

>Leslie Bartlett
>lesbart@juno.com
>"Sanity is highly over-rated."

Really? <g>

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"The closest you will ever come in this life to an orderly universe is a
good library."
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant