Yamaha Service Bond

DonsPiano@aol.com DonsPiano@aol.com
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 09:38:31 EDT

Distance, Time, evaluation of customer,  ( will they follow up on 6 Mo. tuning
or
year,  of course this is up to the tech, to keep in touch,  But there has
always been in the back of my mind, That Yamaha pays the dealer very well for
his Service bond follow up and follows it very close,  Did the dealer do his
home work well ?   By giving you a customer that will continue with the
service, Or is he
just playing the game for the sake of the service bond ? I have dealers in my
area
who have there own tecKs and some times wonder why they dont get this  service
bond work for themselves,  considering all of the above facts,  The dealer
maybe
checks you out and sees you need the work, and are capable, So he throws you a
bone to see if you will bight,  Promise you 100 customers in six  months and
at the end of three months, when you take inventory of all this you find out
that
1 out 5  may keep up with the service,  If you take that 35 dollors,  remember
the dealers maybe got the other 35 dollors that yamaha paid him,  But we will
never
know, because yamaha like all other dealers are very secretive about this type
of
expenses,   You are worth more then 35 dollors,  in this area, I dont depend
on there pricing,  They  are charged a very fair price for this type of
service and that is the only way to go,  remember,  A GOOD DEAL HAS TO BE AS
GOOD FOR YOU
AS WELL AS HIM, I always felt that it should be better for you, because you
are doing all the work and carring most of the expenses.  check todays
temperture
but watch out for tomorrow,