Steinway hammers

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sat, 06 Jun 1998 09:06:40 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Roger,

   I'm a little confused here. Almost everything you've said here is what
I've always been told about the lacquer/lacquer thinner mixture. Not
keytop/acetone.
   That's supposed to be one of the advantages of the keytop mixture. You
know much quicker what you have in the way of increased hardening. Am I
misunderstanding something here?

Avery

>          Some of the factory hardeners take several months to cure
>completely, particularly the keytop and acetone mixture.
SNIP
>    I have never been a fan of the very hard keytop mixtures, due to the
>extreme curing time. This type of material is also hard to needle at a
>later date when it may be desireable to voice the hammer down.
>Hope this helps
>roger
>Roger Jolly

P.S. I'm back on the list. Talk about addicted. I just couldn't stay away.
:-) Actually though, the real reason is that I think my "emergency" rebuild
situation has been solved. I've discovered several very feasible
alternatives.