tail up or tail down

Nelson and Tracy Denton ndenton434@bigwave.ca
Sat, 06 Jun 1998 21:00:30 -0400

At 07:08 PM 6/6/1998 -0500, you wrote:
>concerned.  I've also helped another tech do a move that was undoable. It
>took us about an hour to figure it couldn't be completed, and two more
>hours to get the piano back down from the landing-with-180 degree-turn.
>Don't like those things one tries to get in spaces shorter than its
>length!

I once moved an 800 pound pipe organ console 3 floors up a very narrow
spiral flight of stairs with the help of 6 burly construction workers.

Its funny how much it turns into a Tower of Babel when you have 7 people
moving something and one is Spanish, one is French, one is German,  one is
Italian, one is Sicillian, one is Portugese and the other is the only one
who speaks a word of English.   Four letter words and curses mixed with
hand signals are the same everywhere on a construction site. But you can't
communicate by swearing only,  in such a situation.  The funny thing was at
each turn we lost a man who became trapped in a corner and we ended up with
6 guys on the bottom and only one 4'6" Italian guy at the top.

P.S. the console got turned over about 15 times in the move. and we went up
and down the entire flight  of  stairs 5 times before we could figure a way
to get it around the last few bends.
About four hours of colourfull language and sweat.

I was a whole lot younger then.
Nelson E. Denton
The Pipe Organ Tracker Project, The worlds  largest collection of organ
related links
http://www.freeyellow.com/members/radentonson