Cold Press Hammers

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 08 Jun 1998 13:21:14

Greetings Del,
               Do you think it would be worth while increasing the pressure
from bass to treble on ther cold press process, to try to get more
brilliance in the top end, yet still keep a warm but singing quality in the
centre section? I'm sure some one must have some data on this.  Tapered
pressure to correspond to the taper of the hammers, or am I nut's?
 With modern torque wrenches, I think a variable press would be easy to
design. I think????????????????
Regards Roger

>    3)    Inconsistent press pressures. This is the most likely candidate. On
>hand operated presses, the pressure depends on the torque applied to the
screws.
>What condition are they in? When were they last lubricated? How much sleep
did
>the press operator get last night? Etc.

Roger Jolly
Balwin Yamaha Piano Centres.