Kawai KG-6C

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 15:35:44 -0500 (CDT)

Don M. & list,

   Yesterday I tuned a KG-6C #597746 which has been restrung by a local
technician. My question is about the rear duplex 'bars'.
   Is there a way to tell if they've been repositioned correctly? The bars
in both top sections are almost all the way back to the hitch pins. I once
restrung the predecessor to this model (a No. 650 ? I think it was) and I
don't remember them being that far back.
   I'm primarily asking because there are some strange sounding tones in
most of the upper section. Also, when plucking the speaking length and the
waste length of the same string, there doesn't seem to be any relation at
all to each other in pitch.
   Just another of my weak areas. This piano may be getting new hammers,
etc. late this summer, so I want to make any corrections needed (if any)
while
it's in for that. Thanks.

Avery