Padding Lacquer (was Re: hi-tech castor cup further) and further,

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 17:32:49 -0500

Hi all,
Yesterday I took my new padding lacquer and applied it on one cup with the
lathe going at its slowest speed with the lacquer on a wettened soft cloth
of lacquer.  I did about 4 coats over a couple of hours,  I used a small
brush putting the same amount on the other 2 without spinning them and
rubbing it in.  Tonight I will rub them all 3 out and see what the results
will be.  I will keep you posted.  The whole sequence of application
reminds me of French Polishing.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
Piano Service and Piano Periperals
pianoman@inlink.com            May I listen as well as I hear.

> From: Avery Todd <atodd@UH.EDU>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Padding Lacquer (was Re: hi-tech castor cup further)
> Date: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 1:17 PM
>
> List,
>
>    Since James mentioned padding lacquers, I want to ask about that. Has
> anyone ever done any reconditioning of a piano finish with this?
Especially