shake, rattle & roll

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 20:49:34 EDT

<< Why is it that while tuning a piano ,all is calm & quite untill you start
 tuning the treble section? Then vaccums start ,dishes are being washed,
 dogs start to howl, washers & dryers are started & kids start scrapping.
 Its hard enough to hear in this section when its quite. Does anyone else
 have this problem, or am I the only lucky one this happens to.
 I don't want to get real fussy with my customers & lose their business.I
 would appreciate any ideas that some of you out there have& how do you
 handle these kind of situations.

 Thanks for reading my grips,

 Dick Powell >>

Dick.

Not all customer are aware that you have to have it quite. It just doen't
occur to them. Therefore, diplomacy is the best answer to these kinds of
problems. Very nicely,  but firmly, explain to the customer you are not able
to hear with all the noise, and would appreciate it very much if the noise
would stop.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis