shake, rattle & roll

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 23:10:57 -0400

Dick:

Most people are just thoughtless and are more than willing to stop the
noise if you call it to their attention.  BUT... if you want to avoid a
difficult situation, I'll tell you what I do.

On Thursday I send a card to every piano client I will be serving the
following week.  It says,  "Your piano is scheduled for service (date
and time).  A quiet atmosphere will help me do the best job for you.  It
will also be helpful if all items are removed from the piano before I
arrive.  Please call attention to any additional problems so they can be
attended to.  THANK YOU!"

I rarely have a problem with noise.  People sometimes whisper to each
other or take the kids for a walk while I work!  And I arrive and leave
feeling I have the most considerate clients in town.  Of course it is a
little more work filling out the cards.  Hope that helps.

Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA