1939 S & S model M

atonal@planet.eon.net atonal@planet.eon.net
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:56:59 +0000

Greetings list,

	I've been contacted to give a replacement value apprasial for a 1939
Steinway & Sons model M. Original condition, classic spade leg
styling,  kept by the grandmother for the last 59 years, and is now
going to be moved to another city and needs to be insured.

	I need some idea of replacement value for a instrument of this
vintage, a new M retails  up here for $ 65 K CDN, but a used piano
dealer is selling a 1960 Chippendale M for 34 K (asking price).

Any quotes will help me finish my overall apprasial.

Thanks in advance,

Rob Kiddell,
Registered Piano Technician, PTG
atonal@planet.eon.net