Dummy!! Moi??

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 12:05:17 EDT

Rogerio, Joe;

	|^^^^| << top of pin
	|    |
	| O |
	|  :: |
        |.::..|  << bottom of pin,  cut on dotted lines,
	|    |      first to separate sections and then to cut slot
	|    |      up to becket hole. Reverse vertical slot to come down
	|    |      from top if desired.
	|    |

 I hope this diagram comes out alright through the servers!
I don't do it this way though. I use a full size pin, no slot.  I find it
easier to make coils with a whole pin and the coil has to be slightly
expanded/stretched to fit on the new pin (the one in the piano) anyway. I find
that I scratch fewer pins this way but that is probably due to my clummsiness.
I do drill out the becket hole to a "slightly" larger size before using a pin
as a dummy.

  BTW I call them "Dummy" pins because I can never find it when I need it and
wind up making a new one each time....Dummy!!  Moi??
Jim Bryant (FL)