Restringing just the bass

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iamerica.net
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 11:05:34 -0500

I noticed the difference in what Jim said, too.  I cut my pin from the top,
slipping the string off from the top.  I'm not sure I see why I should cut
the slot from the bottom.  I also do NOT cut the length of the pin. The
only hassle I have is keeping the becket itself at a 90 degree angle.
Sometimes, if I am not careful, it is angled different and is harder to
slip into the original pin's hole.  I use the Scortino coil maker with a
crank (not T-handle).  It goes VERY fast.  I just restrung a new Yamaha
with modified bass strings and I came out O.K. on the $.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net