shake, rattle & roll

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:59:59

At 10:53 AM 6/11/98 EDT, you wrote:

>In a message dated 6/11/98 11:34:08 AM, Jon Page wrote:
>

>>Two worst sounds to hear while tuning:
>>running water, rustling newspaper.
>
>And pet birds,   you tune, they chirp,  you stop, they stop,
>
>T, Ayers

Too true about the birds, especially in the high treble.

In restaurants or clubs: refrigerators and/or vending machines humming away.

It's true that customers seem to clean a lot when I come. I wonder if they
do it all the time when I'm not there ... I put up with the running water
in the sink (in spite of the white noise), also the automatic dishwasher;
and the garbage disposal I can wait out. But when they start the vacuum
cleaner and turn up the sound on the TV I stop and ask them to postpone it.
When kids try to play along (always in the deep bass) I tell them they can
play all they want as soon as I go. (Mothers must love me for this.)

Does anyone else get very, very young children who sing and match the notes
you're tuning in the treble? A sign of talent, especially when they get it
right, but very hard to tune through.

Susan
Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"The closest you will ever come in this life to an orderly universe is a
good library."
		-- Ashleigh Brilliant