Restringing just the bass

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 07:52:54

At 07:21 AM 6/12/98 -0400, Jon wrote:

>This way, when you are making a coil for say A1, you have more
>room since the bottom of the pin isn't sticking down into the other pins.

So Al is very particular, is he? Likes his coils neat? <g>

>Cutting the pin up from the bottom reduces the length of steel
>to cut through, 1/4" as opposed to 5/8".  I leave my 'piece-o-pin'
>jammed into the crank so I always know where it is, and with the cut
>coming from the bottom I do not have to remove the pin from the crank.

Now, there's a truly inspired notion, which had never traveled my neural
net before. I think my short pin doesn't jam, though. Maybe if I tried
making the new style "dummy" with a #4 it might be more willing, or one could
induce sticking in one way or another. (Even a dummy could find it then!)

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Is there any truth to the rumor that everything is really O.K.?"
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant