Castor Cup Report.

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 21:51:08 -0500

Hi All,
I have worked on the CC's all week first with the padding lacquer and
finally using my water borne clear gloss and buffed them tonight with
synthetic steel wool and then rubbing compound on the lathe.
I have learned from this:
1.  Padding lacquer may be alright for spindles on the lathe but can't put
a fine finish like regular lacquer can with rubbing.
2.  Padding lacquer eats up too much time because of the time to dry
aspect.
	The last thing as I did when I left the shop was to glue on my chamois
bottoms on the cups and tomorrow I will trim the chamois and put them under
my M&H "A" and give them the TEST.  Will report on that tomorrow.
	 I have the cherry, mahogany, and walnut wood to start on the next group
of cups next week.
	Today in the mail I received from home office PTG my lapel pin for 25
years of being a R.C and later a R.P.T.  Since I normally don't dress up I
will have to figure out what to wear it on. I am pleased to have been a PTG
member for so long and only wish I would have first got in the bus in 1962.
 Of course I would not have been able to pass the tests then at such an
early date.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. from St. Louis, MO. USA, Earth
Piano Service and Piano Periperals
pianoman@inlink.com            May I listen as well as I hear.