spade legs

Sat, 13 Jun 1998 08:51:49 -0700

James,

The first thought that comes to mind is to use a shaper with a straight cutter
-- preferably with a down spiral cut. Make a simple template of the desired
shape. Use square blocks on each end to mount the leg to (so that you can flip
it 90º for each consecutive cut.) You'd have to spend some time building a solid
cutting jig, but once it's done it should give you consistent and accurately cut
legs.

If this isn't clear from my description, get in touch and I can fill in the
blanks.

Regards,

Del