Brass Rail problem

James Dally jdally@knox.net
Sat, 13 Jun 98 21:43:38 PDT

Many thanks.  You describe my situation accurately.  The brass butts I have
do not have grooves in them.  My main problem is that a few of the hammers
(in bass or tenor or treble) will come completely loose.  I have repinned
some flanges where is is just a "wobble" problem.  Today I really tightened
down on the screws to see if that will work.  I can't see any problems with
the brass rail where I removed six dampers.  Thanks again and I may be back
in touch.  Jim Dally