shake, rattle & roll

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 08:19:48 EDT

<<
 Once a frail, little old lady at a nursing home offered me a piece of her
 birthday cake if I would stop tuning.

I was tuning in the dining hall (read:  day room, lounge) of a nursing home
and fortunately had the help of one of the woman residents who had appointed
herself the caretaker of the piano.  Another woman walked in, spied me and
made a determined charge to get me off the piano.  My protectress headed her
off at every turn.

Finally in frustration, the challenger retired from her mission, to converse
with a group already seated, and I heard her say, "I can't tell one tone from
another, and I'm sure HE can't either!"

Bill Maxim